Enjoy the best moments of recent top tournaments (Wijk, Gibraltar and Zürich) with analysis of top players
The editor’s top ten
1. From world champion to chess player: Magnus Carlsen annotates his win against Michael Adams.
2. Sicilian pearl from Wijk: Fabiano Caruana demonstrates how he outplayed van Wely.
3. Simple but effective: Sergei Tiviakov introduces 2.d3 as a weapon against the Caro-Kann (video).
4. Tactics are not just about attacking – in Oliver Reeh’s video the focus is on a Saving Defensive Idea.
5. Active against 1.d4: Valeri Bronznik reveals to you the subtleties of the Chigorin Defence (1.d4 d5 2.c4 Nc6).
6. In Rubinstein’s footsteps: Robert Ris presents a surprise weapon against the Blumenfeld Gambit.
7. The best of Gibraltar: checkmate Short – with the moves of Indian woman player Harika! (interactive video - Move by Move)
8. Promoted in Wijk thanks to a smashing move: Adhiban shows his spectacular victory over Abasov.
9. Getting to know Wei Yi: piece sacrifice, attack, mate. Daniel King demonstrates the attack on the king by the Chinese super-talent against David Navara.
10. Knight or bishop – which is the better blockader? Mihail Marin widens your knowledge about the subject of the "Blockade".